Rankings, Downloads, and Subscriptions
- Science Citation Index (ISI – Institute for Scientific Information) Impact Factor of BISE is 2.059 (2015).
- 114.500 article downloads at SpringerLink in 2016.
- The Google h5 index is 27.
- BISE is ranked S in the Erasmus Journal List (EJL).
- BISE has almost 1800 individual subscribers worldwide in addition to the 6813 institutions who have subscribed BISE from Springer.
- 151.353 BISE and WIRTSCHAFTSINFORMATIK articles were downloaded from SpringerLink in 2014!
- WI-Orientierungsliste – WI-Journalliste 2008 – BISE is listed as “A” (2007)
- WU Journal Rating by the Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration – BISE is listed as “A” (2009)
- Australian Council of Professors and Heads of Information Systems (ACPHIS) IS Journal Ranking – BISE is ranked as “A”
- CSCW-Publikations-Orientierungsliste – BISE is listed as “A” (2009)
- University of Cape Town South Africa, Information Systems Journal Ranking – BISE is ranked as “A” (ISI/IBSS and highly-ranked)
- VHB Jourqual 3 Ranking BISE is categorized as B (top quantile) with most votes (168) after MISQ.
- SCImago Journal Page
- The Academic Journal Guide 2015 rating for BISE is 2
Acceptance Rates and Cycle Times
- The journal’s acceptance rate was 14% in 2016.
- Average number of days between submission and decision in 2016: 80
The journal has been published since 1959 under the following names:
- 1959-1970, volume 1 to 12: elektronische datenverarbeitung,
- 1971-1989, volume 13 to 31: Angewandte Informatik,
- 1990-2008, volume 32 to 50: WIRTSCHAFTSINFORMATIK,
- since 2009, volume 51: WIRTSCHAFTSINFORMATIK (German),
- since 2009, volume 1: Business & Information Systems Engineering (English).
BISE publishes six issues per year, each about 70 pages in length. Some issues are devoted to special topics. At irregular intervals, the journal publishes issues on topics and events of interest to a wider general public.
Martin Bichler: since 2012
Hans Ulrich Buhl: 2006-2014
Wolfgang König: 1998-2008
Ulrich Hasenkamp: 1992-2000
Peter Mertens: 1990-2000
Norbert Szyperski†: 1971-1991
Paul Schmitz†: 1969-1991
Hans Konrad Schuff†: 1959-1968
Download list of former editors.